It is that time of year when you feel a little holiday hangover and the motivation levels are not what they should be. It is the time of year when an agent cannot control what the market or their client is doing but it is essential an agent control what it is they are doing in January to kick start their year off right! This week we want to share the top things an agent can do at the start off the year with a bang to ensure you got a good jump to 2019.
Top 10 Activities for Realtors© To Kickstart 2019
1. Happy New Year / Gratitude Message – create a message for everyone expressing your gratitude for their support for you and your business in 2018 and wish them all the best in 2019. Let them know none of your success would be possible without them and you appreciate them all. Create a video, letter, email, Facebook social media post and share the happy new year – gratitude message to everyone you know!
2. Re-branding Launch 2019 – time to reinvent and relaunch your brand with a new photo, new logo and a new slogan and re-brand your old real estate self and create a fresh new look and start for 2019 and your business. Ask for your clients for input and poll their feedback on your new photo, new logo and new slogan over social media and build up the hype for your new branding launch in 2019.
3. 2018 Market Review and 2019 Predictions – create a message for everyone reviewing the past year and what the real estate market did in 2018. What did price do? Inventory? Sales? List to sale ratios? Recap and summarize the past years market and let them know what is trending and share your bold predictions for the market in 2019. Create a video, letter, email, Facebook social media post and share this with everyone in your community!
4. Pop by gift – always a great time of year to pop by and say hello to everyone you know with a jug of window washer fluid with a tag message “I’m happy to provide great clients like you with a clearer view of our local market.” Courtesy of Buffini and Company.
5. Checklists / Procedures – time to get the systems, checklists and procedures created or upgraded. Do you have a process in writing for every activity you perform in real estate? The greatest challenge for all agents in their business is they are consistently inconsistent. Having written checklists, processes and procedures for each activity in your business will make a huge difference for implementation and execution in 2019.
6. Database Touches – the highest R.O.I. source of any top producing agent is repeat and referral business. Having an intentional value added process to engage and deepen your advocacy with people that already know, like an trust you is absolutely key to any agents success in 2019. Spend more time money and effort keeping them than we did getting them!
7. Lead Generation Funnels – the top reason for agents not doing well enough is due to the lack of leads. Without enough leads we are forced to work with anyone and everyone. Without enough leads we can’t generate enough appointments and then enough listings and sales in 2019. Focus on the “FAB 5” lead generation funnels of the industry in 2019. 1. Database 2. Geographic Farm 3. Expired or FSBO 4. Open House 5. Online Leads
8. Tools In Your Tool kit – do you have a pre appointment package for buyers or sellers. Do you have a marketing tool you can deliver to the clients in advance that sets you apart from all your competitors before you even meet them? Pre listing and Pre Buyer packages deliver that punch in 2019.
9. Presentations and Process – do you use professional dynamic presentations with your buyers and sellers? Presentations that share with them the benefits of doing business with you vs. the rest? Does your process set you apart from the competition? Do you show them why they should sign with you a listing contract? Buyer agreement? Price their home properly the first time? Or do you just wing it?
10. Complimentary Market Analysis – provide a package of listings, sales and expired comps for the last year to every client and person you have a relationship with. Provide them with enough information they can get an idea themselves of the value of their property. 3 days later follow up and ask them if they have any questions? Ask if they have other real estate properties you could evaluate for them? Ask if they know anyone else you could provide them with this complimentary service as well. This usually leads to listing appointments for agents in the new year and a great jump on spring listing inventory!
So there you have the top activities for kick starting 2019 off on the right foot! Don’t sit around and wait for real estate to happen. Take steps to create real estate in January 2019!