- First make sure to question your buyers.
- Ask if they have travelled outside of Canada in the last two weeks?
- Ask if they have been on an airplane in the last two weeks?
- Ask if they have any type of cold or flu bug?
- If answered yes to any of the above, they should be in quarantine!
- Ask if it’s possible to have sellers be absent during the showing.
- Have buyers drive themselves; keep your distance, no hand shaking, fist pumps, etc.
- Wear gloves and masks during your entire showing and sanitize as soon as you finish.
- Do not touch your mouth under any circumstance.
- If client wants to make an offer do not bring them to the office or meet at coffee shop, instruct them to call you on the phone or send an email.
- Use all electronic technology available to prepare and present offers; do not present offers in person – same applies with all amendments and waivers.
- For building inspections see if it’s possible for only you and the building inspector to be present, then have the inspector call your client with the findings.
- Limit multiple viewings as much as possible; if another viewing is critical, ensure to ask all above questions again.
- First make sure to question your sellers.
- Ask if anyone has traveled outside of Canada in the last two weeks?
- Ask if anyone has been on an airplane in the last two weeks?
- Ask if anyone has any type of cold or flu bug?
- If answered yes to any of the above, they should be in quarantine for two weeks! After two weeks you can check back in with them.
- If possible, ask to view house as quickly as possible then leave and conduct CMA over the phone or face-time.
- Wear gloves and masks for all client visits and sanitize as soon as you finish.
- Use all electronic technology available to sign all listing contacts, offers, waivers, amendments, etc. (DocuSign / Authentisign).
- It is strongly advised to not recommend public open houses or agent open houses, instead only conduct private showings.
- Advise sellers to be absent for all showings.
- Advice sellers to protect themselves by wiping down all doorknobs and any other commonly used surfaces around their home that visitors may touch.
- Post a message on the seller’s door warning no one to enter the premise if sick with flu or any cold bug.
- Use extra pictures and videos of home and property so buyers can take their time viewing the home electronically instead of physically seeing it.
- Limit showings to one day per week, as long as they don’t overlap.
Duty agents are to be available to handle their duty calls by cell. Please notify the office if you will not be able to handle duty calls.
Finally, do not panic, stay informed, and use your best judgement! The situation is rapidly changing. We at Royal LePage RCR Realty are committed to keeping everyone well informed during this pandemic and remember, we are all in this together!